Friday, June 29, 2007

VACATION!!

Well tomorrow, me and my family are off for vacation. No, it's not the beach, it's actually Branson, Missouri. Some of the extended family is going to be there as well, and it should be real nice. You usually think of vacations as going to the beach, not somewhere in the middle of the nation! But from what I hear it should be a good trip.
It's good to occasionally get away from life for a while- well, from the main part of life. We can't ever escape life. Often to do this, I go up to the lake, although it has a life of it's own sometimes. But occasionally, it's good to be away for a while on an actual vacation. The lake is a home away from home. Vacationing, wherever it is, is a great place to get away from home in general.
Although there is a trip there, and a trip back, and we will constantly be doing something, I think of this as somewhat of a rest. Vacationing is a time to get away from work, and other general things one frequently does at home. Vacationin is a time to relax, but yet go and have fun.
We all need rest, from time to time. Even God Himself rested, after six days of work. God did not have to rest. He was not tired. But He set into motion are method of life. Always take the time to rest. One of the most important things you can do in music is to rest! The same is for life.
But at the same time, we should remember the other truths to this. Resting is not all of life. In fact, it is not even the majority of our life. Out of seven days, God only used one to rest. He rested only to come back and realize that though what He had was good, it was insufficient without a helper for man. Thus, He made woman.
In music, you rest your lips (or your wrists if you are a drummer). But you don't rest your mind. You only prepare yourself for what is to come in the piece you are playing. We all need our times to forget about life for a while, but there are some things we should never forget. We should always stay focused on God, and reming ourselves that when the rest is over, we must go back to work, and try to improve ourselves from before our rest.
Perhaps the greatest thing you can do during resting is to give thanks. We should always be thankful to be working, and to be able to rest when need be. As for myself, I have plenty to be thankful for. I have a home, that I will come back to after vacation. Even if everything about this trips messus up, and it is not much of a rest after all, I still have a home to come back to. I have a family. If it all goes well, we have great memories as a family. If it all messus up, we still have great memories. We may laugh at them one day. I have money. I'm not rich, but God always seems to give me what I need. Beyond all of this, I have salvation, for which I am most thankful for.
I am looking foward to this trip, and I hope for it to be a great trip! But I must also remember to give thanks, which is perhaps the best thing you can do during resting. When God rested, He looked over His creation, that He created. When we rest, we must not only look at what we have done, and be glad we can rest from it now; we must also be thankful for God giving us the opportunity to accomplish what we accomplished.
So while this vacation is a time of rest, it is also a time of reflection, thanksgiving, and the exercising of the mind and body, and in all ways, giving glory to God. I hope this is a great vacation, and I hope to have a good time, and a good rest, preparing me for the next week to come.

-Ryan

No comments: