Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Branson, Missouri




Just here recently me and my family, including some of the extended family, as well as some family friends took a trip to Branson, Missouri. I thought I would give you some of my thoughts on our trip, and the place itself.
Although I would not like to live there, I enjoyed the trip. It was a long ride there, and a long ride back, but it was worth it. We had a good time at the white water nearby, Celebration City, and the two shows that we went to.
The lines for the rides at the parks were shorter, the people at the parks were nicer than those at local places here such as Alabama Adventure, and the place looked cleaner. The shows were family-oriented, but that did not compromise the fun people could have. All in all, it was a good trip.
But even beyond all that, it is good to be back. Here, the traffic is not always bumper-to-bumper, the people know how to drive better, and most of all, this is home. For the most part, people were nice there, but I still feel that 'Southern hospitality' is more alive here. It seemed people would not wave back at you there, where as here, they do. Alabama, to live, is good enough for me.
But we did have a good time, and some good memories. The van would not start when we were about to leave on the trip. It took us about two hours longer to get there than we had thought it would. We got to inner-tube in one of the prettiest lakes in the nation. The pizza seemed foreign to us, but it was still pretty good. We got to see Barney Fyffe! Well, an impersinator, of course. We rode some great rides at the parks. I got to show off my incredible singing skills singing the words "Rock-n-roll" to the song "Old Time Rock-n-Roll." We saw "The Duttons" who have preformed on the NBC t.v. show, "America's Got Talent." There were probably more memories that I can't think of right now as well.
So all in all, it was a good trip, and a place that I would encourage you to travel to one day if your time and pocket-book permits you. I am glad to be back, but I am thankful for the time I had there. Hope all of your travels are as blessed as mine!

Ryan

No comments: