Friday, January 18, 2008

Look What Just Hit Me!

Now that post-highschool life is approaching for me, I have spent the past year or so trying to decide what I will do, where I will go to college (or if I'll go to college), and the other questions that inevitabely arise. I have spent time sending in my application to Samford University, as well as applying for scholarships, etc.

And although I am looking foward to this side of life, it comes with much fear. Not so much the fear that I feel uncomfortable with what is to come, but moreover the fear of losing that to which I have become accustomed to.

So with this comes a couple of emotions into play. For one, I desire the good of humanity, and the family and friends around me. For two, I do want to live life to the fullest - not in a bad sort of way that justifies evil in the name of "personal freedom," but live it to the fullest in a God-fearing way. I try telling younger people not to underestimate these times in their life, and their happiness is at the chief of my concerns.

I realize that there are people not much at all older than me who are in the Middle East fighting in war. I have just recently registered to vote, and it seems odd that now I have a vote in determing who would be the President, among other things, of this nation. I am doing this all while I am stuck to the older days of my life, albeit elementary school or middle school. My how the times change, and my how they probably will in just a few (or so) months from now.

So I write this for a few basic reasons. I want to relate to those who feel the same way, and encourage them not to underestimate these times. I also encourage all of you to remember the memories that God has given you, and appreciate the future memories that are the realities of today. I encourage you all to have a firm foundation in what you believe. Remembering who you are - your core identity - is the chief foundation to knowing where you are going. For a Christian, it is to remember your Christian worldview and foundation.

People say I'm turning into an old man, and maybe to a degree I am. But old men are often the one's who act the most like children. So that's what I'll do while I can, but all the while be prepared for when reality comes. All of these emotions are really starting to hit me (now that I'm in the final semester of high school). But I would rather this than rather the realities of these emotions and inevitable facts to hit me in life. That is much more dangerous.

What do you think?

God bless America

Support our Troops

January 18, 2008

Ryan Hampton

1 comment:

Kathy, Jeff's Wife said...

I'm sure by "older" they mean wisdom! Because from your writings that is evident!